We’re almost settled in our new home at Alex’s Creative Space, quick note to say a few things…
1) March 10th 5-9pm is our open evening office launch – please come down for delicious snacks and a nose around our office – we’ll also have a prize draw on the night.
2) Our phone number is (finally) sorted: 0845 5272 492 please update your records
3) Startup-meetup is moving… the date and time remains the same (3rd Thurs from 10am-12) – in case you hadn’t already guessed where its going… Alex’s Good Food Cafe (ie upstairs!)Read More
I was talking to a non-techy friend last night and he asked me how I could afford to set-up an office and buy the software/hardware I needed to get going in the current climate.
As promised J here are my top 5 tips for cutting costs (thought I’d share it with everyone):
1) Phones: He uses just a mobile at around £70pm – I use VOIPfone £10pm inc 0845 number
2) Photo/graphic work: Photoshop CS4 £450 – the excellent Gimphoto £0
4) Project management software? I use the self hosted Taskfreak to manage my to do list, it allows me to share with others too, especially when combined with…
5) Google docs
£1700+ saved in one post, winner.
If you’ve not used these tools, I can’t recommend them highly enough
As for the office, its a hot desking environment shared with 2 others, my furniture, renovated PC and other bits have come to £135 in total.Read More
Provisionally – 10th March – 5pm-9pm.
As you’ll of read below, we’ve moved into a new home at Alex’s Creative Space (under Alex’s Good Food Cafe).
Put March 10th in your diary, come down and meet our associates from FirstExact and ICT South who we share the space with, sample the delicious cake and nibbles from Alex’s Good Food Cafe (above) and generally have a good old nose around at our office.
More details (inc a proper invite) to follow.Read More