We’re less than 2 weeks away (Feb 26+267h) from Bar Camp Bournemouth 3, last years event saw over 100 tech/web folk converge on Bournemouth uni for 2 days of talks, discussion and stuff.
See the site above for more info (few tickets available at time of publication) or search for #bcbomo3 on twitter for the dicussion around the event.
Also coming up for all creative / web / techy folks is the fabulous Meetdraw (Mar 24th) – more social than bar camp but still very much worth attending for those around Bournemouth who are creative / web based businesses.Read More
Another cool business/tech/web event to tell you about:
The UK Business Book Festival on Sept 10th
I’m very honoured to of been asked to speak during the ignite session and get involved with the event in general… sadly, I’m out of the country on that day but that doesn’t stop me sharing it with you.
Regular readers of this blog will know I’m passionate about growing more of a tech/creative community in Bournemouth (from my involvement in Startup-meetup, meetdraw and Bar Camp Bournemouth) and events like this form an integral part in focussing attention on this part of the world.
If you’d like to present at the ignite session (5 min slots) please drop me a line and I’ll put you in touch with the organisers.Read More
2 important dates for your diary:
1) Meetdraw 5 “So Meety” is being held at Bar So on Thursday 18th March from 6:30pm. Everyone is welcome whether you work for an agency, in-house team, freelance or currently studying. A great event to meet and network with fellow tech/web people locally.
2) BarCamp Bournemouth 2 – April 10/11th at Bournemouth University, a 2 day self-organising un-conference – for anyone interested in tech/web stuff.
My quick effort at an FAQ:
What is a BarCamp? Its a 2 day event, starting at 930am and going right through till 4pm on the sunday – turn up, give a talk if you want to (or not if you don’t) and learn from/discuss with / laugh at people in the tech community. (see wikipedia or barcamp.org)
Is that something to do with drinking? – No… not really… but yes, the bar will be open and used as one of the discussion spaces.
What went on at BarCamp Bournemouth 1? Lots of stuff… my highlights are here.
More info and stuff coming on the website soon – if you’d be interested in part sponsoring Bar Camp, please drop me a line – you’ll get space on the website,a logo on the Uni TV (from now till event) etc etcRead More
3 events to tell you about, for creative and online people of various flavours
1) Wednesday Oct 14th :: Meetdraw #3 – see website for more details, a must for any creative/internet/startup types on the southcoast.
2) Thursday Oct 15th (lunch time) :: Poole Business Womens Lunch Club – I’m delighted to of been invited to speak alongside Dr Monica Seeley (THE email doctor) on Social Networking and Online Communication.
3) Thursday Oct 15th (630pm) :: Magus Keynote Speaker Evening with Tim Kearne – Making innovation happen.Read More